There was a time when girls were deprived of education, and now it’s a time that the no. of girls going to schools and colleges is remarkably increasing. One such step to keep the no. of girls getting educated on a constant hike is- Scholarships for Girls.
Why Scholarships for Girls/Women?
- Parents will be encouraged to send the girl child to schools and colleges if they see that there education can be sponsored by a no. of exclusive scholarships for girls.
- Education is one of the critical areas of women empowerment, scholarships for girls will smoothen the way.
- Gender inequality has been the basic hurdle on the road of education, finance being the other.
- Most of the scholarships for girls are not only intended to encourage them to go to school/colleges but also succeed in life thereafter.
Types of Scholarships for Girls-
Usually, there are a lot of scholarships for students, both boys and girls. But there some type of exclusive scholarships for girls, these can be of the following types-
- Government Scholarships for Girls- which are usually provided by the government to do its bit to promote girl education.
- Non-government Scholarships for Girls- these are usually provided by the private firms as an initiative to contribute in girl education.
Where to find these Scholarships?
Finding scholarships can be a really tedious and monotonous task, by the time students find an appropriate scholarship for themselves, they lose hope. To break this monotony and help students find the right scholarships, we have an expert solution, ScholFin.com. It is a website that has a huge database of (10, 00, 00,456 Scholarships worth Rs. 9458 crores) of regional, national and international scholarships. There also are a no. of exclusive scholarships for girls, which are as follows-
- Fair & Lovely Foundation Scholarships, the scholarships are provided exclusively to girls to get higher education, to develop a career and to start up a business, it provides fund up to Rs 1 Lakh to 100 female students.
- Lila Poonawalla Scholarships, the Lila Poonawalla Foundation provides various scholarships to the female students of Wardha, Amravati and Pune for courses like engineering, architecture, nursing etc. It includes-
a. Lila Poonawalla Undergraduate Pune Engineering Scholarship
b. Lila Poonawalla Undergraduate Pune DEd Scholarship
c. Lila Poonawalla Undergraduate Pune Physiotherapy Scholarship
d. Lila Poonawalla Undergraduate Pune Nursing Scholarship for Indian women
e. Lila Poonawalla Diploma Pune Diploma in Engineering Scholarship for girls
f. Lila Poonawalla Undergraduate Pune Architecture Scholarship
g. Lila Poonawalla Pune Engineering After Diploma Scholarship
h. Lila Poonawalla Amravati BSC Agriculture Scholarship
i. Lila Poonawalla Amravati Nursing Scholarship
j. Lila Poonawalla Amravati Undergraduate Pharmacy Scholarship
k. Lila Poonawalla Wardha Engineering After Diploma Scholarship
l. Lila Poonawalla Wardha Undergraduate Engineering Scholarship
m. Lila Poonawalla Wardha Diploma in Engineering Scholarship
- Grace Hopper Student Scholarship, which is provided to undergraduate/graduate female student in Computing and IT field.
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, it is provided to female student who is below 30 years of age, who must be the single girl child and must be a 1st year student of a Master’s Degree course in a recognized institution.
- Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls, it is an annual award of INR 25000/- meant to help any girl (an Indian National) between the ages of 17 to 23 years, with a career objective.
- Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Girls, which is awarded to girls belonging to minority community, whose family income is not more than Rs 100000 and who is a student of a recognized institution.
- Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences, any single girl child who has taken admission in full-time PhD. Program in any recognized university/institute up to the age of 40 years for general and 45 years for the reserved category can apply.
- CBSE Merit for Single Girl Child, which is awarded to any single girl child who has secured 60%/6.2 CGPA or more marks in CBSE class10th and is studying in class 11 or 12 in school (affiliated with CBSE), and whose tuition fees are not more than Rs 1500/- p.m.
- Pragati Scholarship scheme for Girls by AICTE, which is awarded to only one girl per family whose income is less than Rs 6 Lakhs per Annum, the student, must be admitted in undergraduates/diploma course in AICTE approved institutions.
- Dreamz Scholarship for Underprivileged Girls, which is awarded to girls, enrolled in specified universities who can be enrolled for any courses and, whose parents’ combined income is less than Rs 8000 p.m.
- Tata Housing Scholarships for Meritorious Girls, which aims to help girls belonging to economically weaker sections and who want to complete higher education in civil engineering, architecture and construction management project.
- Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust scholarships for women, which is awarded to graduate Indian women who have applied for/secured admission in reputed institutes in the United States, UK or Europe.
- LOreal Scholarship for young women in Science, which is provided to girl students who have passed class 12th, secured minimum 85% marks in PCB/PCM and are desirous of pursuing a degree course in scientific field. Minimum age being 17 years.
- Avasar Post Matric Scholarship for Girls, which is given to girls currently studying in class 10th or 12th, who is are from BPL family and have secured 80% or above marks in preparatory exams.
- Queensland University, Australia MBA Women student Scholarship, which entitles the successful applicant to receive 50% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24months.
- DST’s Women Scientist Scholarship, which is provided by the Government to retain the scientific talents of Indian Women up to 50 years of age. It includes-
a. DST’s Women Scientists Scholarship Scheme (WOS-A)
b. DST’s Women Scientist Scholarship (WOS-C)
How to apply for scholarships for girls?
The female students interested in applying for any of the above mentioned scholarships can just register themselves on ScholFin wherein they can find many more scholarships as per their needs and qualifications apart from the above listed scholarships which are exclusively for female students.
ScholFin – India’s First Scholarship Search Engine